The Straight Scoop on Shale
A project of the League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania Citizen Education Fund
Shale Waste Disposal Workshop: Community Concerns on Injection Wells
What happens to the millions of gallons of liquid waste generated by hydraulic fracturing? What are the environmental, public health, & social concerns associated with injection wells that are used for disposal? On Thursday, September 29, 2016 an expert discussion was held at Westminster College • McKelvey Campus Center (MCC 334) in New Wilmington, PA.
• Jay Parrish, former PA state geologist
• Ted Auch, FracTracker Ohio
• Chad Nicholson, Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund
• Stacy Wanchisn Long, Grant Township Supervisor
• Marcellus Shale Documentary Project
• Lawrence and Mercer ALLARM
• And others!
Educators: Act 48hours were available.
5:00pm doors open
5:30pm networking dinner
6:00pm panelist presentations
7:00pm community action discussion
Organized by Lawrence and Mercer ALLARM at Westminster College and the League of Women Voters of PA
With financial support from the Colcom Foundation