Informative presentations from leading national researchers regarding the impact of shale “fracking” operations on the health of humans and animals. Best practices for health professionals, information for shale gas workers and their families, and advice for landowners on how to protect your health.
Also, interactive exhibits and information booths from health organizations, and demonstrations of new, inexpensive water and air testing equipment.
This event is free and open to the public.
- Saturday November 23, 2013
- 9 AM – 5 PM
- Senator John Heinz History Center, 1212 Smallman Street, Pittsburgh PA 15222
- To register to attend, or for more information, call 1-800-61SHALE
- League of Women Voters of Pennsylvania Citizens’ Education Fund “The Straight Scoop on Marcellus Shale”
- League of Women Voters of Greater Pittsburgh
- League of Women Voters of Indiana County
- League of Women Voters of Washington County
- Southwest Pennsylvania Environmental Health Project
This event made possible with funding from the Colcom Foundation.